Job FamilyAdministrative Assistant
Director of Women's Ministries
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Scope encompasses a department or ministry area. Performs both directed and self initiated tasks for a function or ministry. Provides administrative and support services for the ministry/department leader as well as for the department as a whole. Critical thinking and judgment required. Basic proficiencies required in competencies.
Purpose of Job
Provide administrative support for the Women’s Ministry and assist the Director of Women’s Ministry with ministry needs. Assist with the planning, coordinating, and implementation of programs and special events, facilitate communication with participants in Women’s Ministry, assist with financial tasks for ministry purposes, update website and assist with printed publications. Perform all work to the glory of God.
Individual Job Responsibilities
A. Abide in Christ – Dependent, abiding relationship with Christ personally expressed through the Five Statements of Identity
B. Administrative Support
- Perform administrative support duties including typing, copying, filing, scanning, scheduling group meetings, and occasionally making travel arrangements.
- Support Women’s Ministry Team by preparing materials and handouts, maintaining a leadership roster of contact information, attending meetings, and send out reminders and follow-ups as meetings require.
- Prepare documents and information for Women’s Ministry leadership.
- Maintain organization of files and storage (electronic docs, physical docs and supplies).
- Maintain and update data in Arena database.
C. Assist Director of Women’s Ministry
- Meet regularly with Director and other Women’s Ministry staff to discuss upcoming events and action points.
- Assist with any special projects or tasks.
D. Program Planning & Reservations for Bible Studies
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of programs for Women’s Ministry. Manage details and organization in the planning process (registrations, reservations, scheduling, and communication).
- Assist in ordering, receiving, and preparing curriculum and folders for Bible studies.
- Assist in any special needs; answer questions volunteers may have as they facilitate their Bible studies.
- Assist with logistics for Bible studies and special events (i.e., be aware of Bible teachers’ and speakers’ needs for audio, set-up, etc., and insure requests are made through AV, IT, EMS, etc., in a timely manner).
E. Communication & Web Page Maintenance
- Facilitate communication with participants in Women’s Ministry. Send out email announcements through Arena database as applicable.
- Upload Bible studies and guest speaker audios to web page.
- Assist the Coordinator for Women’s Ministry in the publishing of Women’s Ministry events in PCPC publications and on websites with the Communications department.
- Assist the Coordinator for Women’s Ministry in the creation of publicity for each Women’s Ministry event, including brochures, fliers, mail outs, posters, banners, sign-up sheets, etc.
- Facilitate and maintain a clear social media presence of all PCPC Women’s ministries news and events.
- Plan Women’s Ministry social media schedule and assist in creating graphics/posts accordingly using tools such as Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Buffer, Hootsuite, or similar.
- Create basic print pieces and collaborate with the Communications Team for larger projects.
- Create and plan social media content for Instagram.
F. Event Planning – Regular & Special
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of regular and special events for Women’s Ministry. Manage the details and organization in the planning process (registrations, reservations, scheduling, and communication).
- Answer any questions volunteers may have as they coordinate and attend special events.
- Attend as many of the Women’s Ministry regular and special events as possible to build/nurture relationships.
G. Financial Responsibilities
- Assist with reconciliation of monthly credit card statements; give prompt attention to vendor invoices.
- Prepare check requests, employee reimbursements, and mileage reimbursements for events and staff as needed.
- Collect, count, and make deposits of monies for events and Bible studies.
Education and Experienced Required
High-School degree required; some college preferred. Arena database preferred, but not required. Must have proficient computer skills necessary to perform the job, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (WORD, Power Point, Outlook). Creative eye necessary with basic knowledge and experience in design and layout. Understanding of social media channels including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication etiquette
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with resourceful skill-set
- Team-player able to perform and track variety of multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Able to build relationships with PCPC members, volunteers, and staff personnel
- Exercise discernment and maturity, reflecting a Godly spirit
- Work efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals in a respectful manner
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic; work well with minimal supervision
- Display a teachable and open attitude
- Reflect a commitment to personal growth and innovation
- Be accountable for productivity during work hours
- Exhibit a servant’s heart at all times
Maintain a high level of discretion and integrity, guarding confidential information.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills, with high professionalism
- Ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision
- Capable of building relationships with PCPC members, volunteers, and staff personnel
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Normal office and church environment
- Standard office hours and days (20 hrs/wk)
- Highly relational and people intensive