Coordinator of Short-Term Missions (Full-time)
Missions and Church Planting
Senior Director of Missions & Church Planting
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Purpose of Job
Coordinate member and staff participation in short-term mission trips and ministry events; assist the Senior Director of Missions & Church Planting with coordination, administrative, budgetary and clerical duties for short-term mission trips and events. Support strategic work and perform tactical duties. Perform all PCPC work to the glory of God.
The employee’s primary duty is the performance of office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general ministry operations of the church or church membership; and the employee’s primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
Individual Job Responsibilities
Abide in Christ
- Dependent, abiding relationship with Christ personally expressed through the Five Statements of Identity
Establish short-term mission opportunities for PCPC members
- Research and develop short-term mission trip/cultural exchange opportunities by working with field personnel (e.g., missionaries, indigenous leaders, Missions agencies)
- Facilitate short-term mission trips/cultural exchanges by meeting with pastors, lay leaders, and staff
Recruit and train leadership for short-term mission teams
- Primary recruiter for team leaders/team members
- Train and equip team leaders for PCPC directed trips (spiritually and logistically)
Short-term mission material and documentation
- Maintain and assist in the further development of training and orientation materials for team leaders/members; organize and maintain files for each trip
- Help establish and develop a vision and plan for discipleship within short-term missions from elementary school children through adults
Oversee short-term mission team training
- Assure that teams are properly trained, including attending some team meetings as needed (some Sundays and evenings required)
- Train team members on PCPC process of fundraising
Coordinate logistics for short-term mission teams
- Coordinate logistical support for mission trips and cultural exchanges including establishing and maintaining budgets; make travel arrangements; establish schedules by communicating with mission agencies, missionaries, and team leaders/members; maintain and collect trip payments; make distributions; investigate, organize, and maintain insurance information for participants; work with M&CP staff to oversee cash advances and reconciliations
- Facilitate short-term mission trip information and paperwork (criminal background checks, PCPC applications, health & release forms, and insurance); create and maintain short-term trip binders as relevant for each trip; provide assistance with trip arrangements and team meetings; ensure legal documents and immunizations are received prior to the trip; track fundraising
- Process cash advances and subsequent reconciliations for short-term mission teams
Coordinate logistics for cultural exchanges in Dallas
- Coordinate Dallas based cultural exchange programs in conjunction with current partners and ministry emphasis on the field, where international guests visit Dallas to interact with Christian families (PCPC members), experience American culture, and learn English
Maintain standards of excellence in PCPC short-term mission endeavors
- Ensure standards of excellence with short-term missions (mission trips meet the needs of the field as the primary goal; utilize trips as part of PCPC’s desire for mobilization; facilitate interpersonal conflict resolution; debrief after the mission trip; remove team members if necessary; emergency/crisis management)
Assist in mobilizing PCPC members
- Assist in connecting members’ desires, skills, and gifting to ministry needs/areas including short-term missions, international students, justice ministry, medical missions, business as mission, hospitality, etc.
- Facilitate interaction with other PCPC ministries, so they have opportunities to engage with M&CP
- Work with the M&CP Exec Committee; attend meetings; provide status reports on short-term mission trips and events
- Coordinate year end reporting events to share about short-term missions churchwide
Education and Experienced Required
College degree preferred. Experience in mission work is preferred. Five years administration/coordination experience and four years of managing projects/events preferably in non-profit environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel. Arena Church Management System database preferred, but not required.
- Area of work enhances ministry opportunity by coordinating work flow and resources
- Heavy involvement with volunteers, church members, and visitors
- Work has 12-month planning and budget focus with alignment with goals
- Work requires a project management approach and resourcefulness for simultaneous projects
- Work requires interaction with diverse cultures
- Normal office and church environment
- Mix of standard office hours and days and some non-standard office hours and days
- Highly relational and people intensive
- Process and/or project driven work load
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to
[email protected]. Please note the job for which you are applying in the email. Thank you.