Resident - Youth Ministry (Full-time)
Assistant Pastor - Youth Ministry
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
resident/internship to learn and develop the skills needed to effectively
minister to students in the church and community while serving full-time in the
Youth Ministry of PCPC.
include disseminating the messages of the faith through weekly bible
Purpose of Job
Lead students and families into the body of Christ, nurture them in their relationship with Christ, and equip them to serve in the name of Christ. Mentors, equips, and disciples including a weekly bible study. Perform all work to the glory of God.
- Pursue personal growth, theological understanding, and ministry assessment; meet with youth staff weekly for discipleship, training and support; meet with Youth Pastor every other month for personal growth, ministry assessment, and encouragement; complete all assignments and fulfill assigned responsibilities
- Participate in Student Ministry Team development; recruit and oversee team of 4-5 lay leaders; assist in training and developing the team; meet with one or more your team weekly for discipleship, training and support; meet with your whole team monthly; meet with the entire Student Ministry Team monthly
- Participate in the planning, leading and evaluation of assigned student ministry events including weekly Sunday school, weekly small group bible studies, special events, camps, conferences, retreats, mission trips, etc.
- Participate in intentional relational ministry (contact work) with students; spend time with students outside youth ministry programs and events; visit students on their own turf (i.e., school, sporting events, home, etc.); take students on road trips, camping or other informal events; pursue lost students as well as those who know the Lord
- Assist in the development of ministry tools, programs, and events
- Interface with other ministries and departments to better understand each and its role within the church
- Perform assigned duties and tasks in a manner that contributes to team outcomes rather than personal glory
- Accountable for team behavior and contribution
- Good steward of resources
- Perform required administrative duties
- Pursue and build meaningful, personal relationships with staff, other interns, youth and parents of youth
Education and Experienced Required
College degree. Biblical and reformed degree is commendable but not required.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Youth ministry
- Teambuilding within the Youth ministry
- Develop personal leadership style and assist in the training and development of Youth lay leaders
- Work is based on relationships and needs of the Youth Ministry
- Varied office hours and days determined by Pastor to Youth (targeted for 40 hours a week)
- Highly relational and people intensive
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to
[email protected]. Please note the job for which you are applying in the email. Thank you.