Full-Time Two-Year Youth Resident (Full-time)
Assistant Pastor - Youth Ministry
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Two-year residency to learn and develop
the skills needed to effectively minister to students in the church and
community while serving full-time in the Youth Ministry of PCPC.
The employee’s primary duty is the performance of
office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general
ministry operations of the church or church membership; and the employee’s
primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with
respect to matters of significance.
Purpose of Job
students and families into the body of Christ, nurture them in their
relationship with Christ, and equip them to serve in the name of Christ. Perform
all work to the glory of God.
- Pursue personal growth, theological understanding
and ministry assessment; meet with youth staff weekly for discipleship,
training and support; meet with Youth Pastor every other month for personal
growth, ministry assessment and encouragement; complete all assignments and
fulfill assigned responsibilities
- Participate in Student Ministry Team development;
recruit and oversee team of 4-5 lay leaders; assist in training and developing
the team; meet with one or more your team weekly for discipleship, training,
and support; meet with your whole team monthly; meet with the entire Student
Ministry Team monthly
- Participate in the planning, leading, and
evaluation of assigned student ministry events including Sunday school, small
groups, special events, camps, conferences, retreats, mission trips, etc.
- Participate in intentional relational ministry
(contact work) with students; spend time with students outside Youth Ministry
programs and events; visit students on their own turf (i.e., school, sporting
events, home, etc.); take students on road trips, camping or other informal
events; pursue lost students as well as those who know the Lord
- Assist in the development of ministry tools,
programs, and events
- Interface with other ministries and departments to
better understand each and its role within the church
- Perform assigned duties and tasks in a manner that
contributes to team outcomes rather than personal glory
- Accountable for team behavior and contribution
- Good steward of resources
- Perform required administrative duties
- Pursue and build meaningful, personal relationships
with staff, other residents, youth, and parents of youth
Education and Experienced Required
degree. Biblical and reformed degree is commendable but not required.
- Participate in the development and implementation
of the Youth Ministry.
Teambuilding within the Youth Ministry
- Develop personal leadership style and assist in the
training and development of youth lay leaders
- Work is based on relationships and needs of Youth Ministry
- Varied office hours and days determined by Pastor
to Youth (targeted for 40 hours a week)
- Highly relational and people intensive
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to
[email protected]. Please note the job for which you are applying in the email. Thank you.