Building Engineer & Maintenance Tech Specialist (Full-time)
Facilities & Property Management
Director of Facilities and Property Management
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Specialist – Specialized work; intermediate operational position. Provides services as an individual contributor inside a department or ministry area. Position is detail oriented and requires knowledge and experience in an area of specialization. Includes alignment with a broader functional purpose and may include staff oversight. Sexton – Caretaker of church buildings, furniture, and grounds. Provides facility, office, and equipment maintenance.
Purpose of Job
Assist Director of Facilities & Property Management; manage HVAC, electrical issues, and solutions. Coordinate contractors, provide building maintenance, and perform various general and specialized tasks/duties to facilitate ministry effectiveness. Assist staff, church members, and PCPC ministries as requested. Perform all PCPC work to the glory of God.
Abide in Christ. Model Christ-like behavior. Pray for the church, leaders, and each other.
Individual Job Responsibilities
(85 %) Regular and Ongoing Building & Maintenance Responsibilities
- Confirm daily work assignments with Director of Facilities & Property Management (PM)
- Complete work in an accurate and timely manner with devotion to excellence
- Respond quickly to emergency situations; notify and/or contact immediate supervisor, proper authorities, and/or call 911
- Regularly practice proactive maintenance; alert Director of Facilities & PM to potential problems with any building equipment or structural component
- Perform and document scheduled preventative maintenance on building systems and equipment
- Take initiative to inspect all areas of buildings and grounds to make sure everything is properly maintained; report any concerns to Director of Facilities & PM
- Monitor and maintain operation of HVAC equipment and controls to provide acceptable temperature on all floors
- Monitor and maintain boilers
- Monitor and maintain all pumps and compressors
- Coordinate repairs to building/equipment; keep the Director of Facilities & PM and the Facilities Office Team informed regarding progress of any unexpected and/or ongoing repairs to solve problems/issues in any of the church buildings, so they can notify staff members
- Purchase building supplies necessary for maintenance and repair; be aware of competitive costs and obtain necessary approvals with the Facilities Budget in mind
- Oversee the performance of outside vendors when they are required for repair or preventive maintenance
- Ensure lighting fixtures are clean and operational; repair as needed
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness and neat physical appearance of all work areas/property at all times
- Maintain care and use of vehicles, supplies, and equipment; take care of PCPC property (i.e., machinery, assets, tools, etc.) during and after use; insure safe operation and security of all shop tools and hand tools
- Assemble and move furniture, bookcases, carts, etc.
- Perform minor repairs; report needs for major maintenance
- Perform basic carpentry, minor dry wall repair, and construction
- Complete special projects when assigned
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor to meet church facility needs, etc.
(15%) Event Support
- Provide needed services related to conferences, weddings, memorials, and funerals
- Act as backup sexton when needed
- Carry out seasonal tasks such as painting, playground maintenance, stripping and waxing floors, etc.
Safety and Security
- Wear appropriate safety equipment; obey safety rules for the various types of work to be performed
- Be available to walk staff to their car after hours, if needed
- Keep an eye on unlocked doors, strangers in the building, or other issues that could be a safety concern
- Inform Director of Facility & PM of any security concerns
- Be familiar with PCPC’s Safety & Security Policy Manual; abide by and exemplify a safety mindset
Education and Experienced Required
- High school graduate or GED. Five years of experience as a maintenance person in a large building.
- Must possess a working knowledge of HVAC equipment
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required for this position
- Must possess good interpersonal skills; solid written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Must have A/C equipment training
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and transport up to 150 pounds with mechanical assistance
Qualifications - Competencies
- Communication Skills – Advanced
- Teamwork – Advanced
- Problem Solving – Advanced
- Physical demands must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position
- Work requires diligence, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence
- Quality work required with best practice for budget and win-win outcomes/solutions
- Mindset of safety required; be pro-active to minimize work comp hazards, injuries to self and/or others
- Must nurture team mindset and environment of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, make decisions, and take action
- Work requires troubleshooting skills for basic electrical and A/C issues
- Normal office and church environment
- Be available to work up to 12 Sundays a year and serve as the Facilities primary contact
- Shift office hours and days; 40 hours with an option of occasional overtime
- Task-driven work load
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to
[email protected]. Please note the job for which you are applying in the email. Thank you.